CHEVROLET LUMINA BATTERY PROBLEM

2001 Chevrolet Lumina • 130,000 miles

Battery and charging system not showing as bad when tested, but the battery goes dead all the time, like something is draining it. There are no obvious things, like lights, sucking power. I charged it fully and then after sitting a few days it had gone dead again. What is the most likely culprit?

The battery itself may be draining itself.

Have a shop check for a parasitic draw from the system

I have a 2001 lumina 130000 miles. We got it from my ladies mom. She had a similar problem for a while. Apparently went through a few batteries. Her dad figured out that the trunk light was staying on. He removed the fuse and we have not had a battery issue since. I am not positive about this though. It could have also been the glovebox light. I have often thought about just taking out the bulbs and replacing the fuse because unfortunately whichever fuse is out also controls the power door locks. I am now having a problem with my headlights dimming when I release the gas pedal, and their overall brightness seems lacking. I can also see a dimming/flickering in all my instrument panel lights and radio clock. I am thinking this is a battery or alternator problem.

Jordanoberdorf