CHEVROLET IMPALA ENGINE PROBLEM

2001 Chevrolet Impala • 178,000 miles

Have code 1626 how do fix this?
Owner321

DTC P1626

Circuit Description

The body control module (BCM), produces the theft deterrent crank relay and fuel enable signal when ignition is ON and the proper ignition code voltage value is detected. The powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the fuel enable signal during crank. If the proper signal is present on the class 2 serial data circuit, the PCM enables the fuel delivery in order to allow the engine to start. If the PCM determines that the fuel enable signal is not present or incorrect while the engine is running, DTC P1626 is set. The engine continues to start and run as long as DTC P1626 is stored. If the problem affects inputs to the Vehicle Theft Deterrent System (VTD) signal, the starter motor may be disabled.

Conditions for Running the DTC

The engine is running.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

The PCM has detected a loss of the state of health serial data message from the theft deterrent system.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

The PCM will not illuminate the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL).
The PCM will store conditions which were present when the DTC set as failure records data only. This information will not be stored as freeze frame data.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC

A history DTC will clear after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles have occurred without a malfunction.
The DTC can be cleared by using a scan tool.

Test Description

The numbers below refer to the step numbers on the diagnostic table.

To set this code, the password that the PCM has learned does not agree with the password being received from the BCM. This condition can occur if the BCM has been replaced and the programming theft deterrent system components procedure has not been performed.

If the PCM resets the DTC after the programming theft deterrent system components procedure has been performed, the BCM is malfunctioning.

I had to replace tranmission on this car 2001 impala. So I move the engine so I can get to tran and got it back togather and know it wont start by key to start. All it will do is no sound from starter. It will starte is if I go under car it will run about 4 sac and die. So I but my snap on scanner on it it has code 1626, u 1000, code 1626 is theft deterrent system fuel is disable u1000 how do I get it running. Is there a way to get it running by key learning? How to it I have tried key in for 10min and pull key out for less then 20 sec and do it again. Is there something i'm missing or is there a way I can buypass the seytem? Can u tell me the right way of program of program it by key to learn?

Owner321
I found my problom was got more infor on this car 2001 impala I was told if the battary goes dead all the time if you have to get it jump or your headlights goes on by its flashes or inter lights don't works it will be bcm body control module this some sign of bcm is gone or going out. 2001 impala is well known for bcm problom. I hope this will help others?

Owner321