NOISE IN THE REAR END AFTER REPLACING CARRIER BEARINGS AND BOTH PINION BEARINGS.

2001 Chevrolet Blazer • 16,500 miles

While on the throttle the noise is not there once you let off the throttle the noise becomes noticable. It sounds almost like the rear end is dry/like a lot of road noise or something. I put the side shims back into place beside the carrier bearings like it was when I took them out. The shims were very tight going back in with the new bearings. Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.
Bbigler

THIS IS A REALLY LONG POST I'M GONNA LINK YOU TO

YOUR VEHICLE MAY USE SHIMS TO DO ALL OF THE PRE-LOADING OR TO MOVE THE INTERNAL COMPONENTS IN/ OUT/ LEFT/ OR RIGHT

IN THIS LINK--THIS IS A JEEP CJ 7, IT USES SHIMS AND A CRUSH SLEEVE TO DO THE PRE-LOADING

SEE ABOUT FROM "JUNE 26" ALL THE WAY TO NEAR THE END (NEARER THE END IS THE BEST PARTS)

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1985-jeep-cj7-inconsistent-curb-idle-low-power-hi-rpms

DOIN' A DIFF IS A TEDIOUS JOB, ESPECIALLY GETTING EVERYTHING MESHING AS PERFECTLY AS YOU CAN......TO GET IT "JUST RIGHT" REQUIRES TIME/CARE/THE RIGHT TOOLS.

.....SLAMMING IT TOGETHER WITH AN IMPACT WRENCH AND NO TESTING AND TWEAKING, IN AN HOURS TIME, IS SURE TO GET YOU IN TROUBLE...UNLESS YOU ARE LUCKY!

BRAND NEW STUFF, REPLACING THE OLD STUFF....MAY, AND PROBABLY WILL BE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT IN SIZE, JUST REPLACING THE BEARINGS, ONE FOR ANOTHER, MAY STILL REQUIRE DIFFERENT SHIMMING.....NOT ONLY TO CENTER THE RING, BUT THE BEARINGS ALSO MUST BE PRE-LOADED AS WELL

IN THE END, IT'S THE "WEAR PATTERN" THAT THE RING AND PINION MAKE AS THEY MESH, THAT WILL PROVE IT'S DONE RIGHT.

AS FOR THE CRUSH SLEEVE (YOURS MAY NOT USE ONE)---THE FELLER IN THE LINK WILL VERIFY, IT WOULD BE REALLY EZ TO NOT TIGHTEN IT RIGHT, LEAVING THE BEARINGS LOOSE AND WITHOUT A PRE-LOAD......IT TAKES A LOT OF PRESSURE TO CRUSH A CRUSH SLEEVE, AND BIG TOOLS!

THERE IS ALSO A REALLY GOOD LINK THAT HE PROVIDES ON HOW TO DO THE JOB RIGHT....IT MAY HELP YOU THE MOST!

I ASKED HIM TO TAKE PICS ALONG THE WAY, AND EXPLAIN, AS HE REBUILT HIS REAR AXLE ASSEMBLY.....HE DID AN OUTSTANDING JOB!!!

HE DID A LOT OF SHIMMING CHANGES.......BUT LOOK AT HIS FINAL WEAR PATTERN IN THE PAINT......IT IS SO PERFECT!

LET ME KNOW HOW YOUR IS GOING