FUEL INJECTORS CHANGED WITH BRAND NEW BOSCH INJECTORS STILL DOING THE SAME THING 2000 RPM NO FUEL PRESSURE IT SITS THERE AND IDOLS @ 2000 RPM.

2001 Chevrolet Astro • 16,000 miles

My husband has a 2001 duramax diesel and he changed the fuel injectors because thats what the company told him. He changed the injectors brand new bosch. Still doing the same thing no fuel pressure he gets up to 2000 rpm and it just idols. Please help.
Robinlafountain

Did they check the high pressure? Did you return to the shop for a follw up as there repair did not work. Did he change the injectors or the shop?

His buddys diesel mechanic changed them. He has spent 3,000.00 any ideas about what could be wrong. What do you mean high pressure?

Robinlafountain
Its the way the system works. That was an expensive guess.

You need a real shop to at least diag it for you. They will do all the needed checks to verify the problem. Not something you can do at home.

He did take it to a shop that is why he changed the injectors. But it is still doing the same. What should he be looking for now?

Robinlafountain
Take it back to the shop as I suggested in my first post for a follow up. They mis diaged it and should follow up for you to verify the issue,

it is not as simple as me suggesting something as it would be a guess. You have already spent way too much for a guess. Get it cheked correctly eithere at the shop or another shop.

I would have bet on a ficm before going to the injectors but this needs to be verified before throwing anything at it.

What does ficm mean?

Robinlafountain
Fuel injection control module.

Ok I will get back to you, but with the high pressure and checking the ficm will that give him fuel pressure and wont sit there @ 2000 rpm's. Just asking.

Robinlafountain
Could be, but I cannot give you a definite answer unless I did the actual testing. You are there and I am here going on your info only.

Page 1 of 2