POWER LOSS

2001 All Other Makes All Other Models • 4 cylinder FWD • 161,000 miles

I have a Kia Rio 2001 and the check engine light has been on, but just recently the park light came on and my car doesn't have power at times and the park light is staying on, sometimes it barley makes it up a hill
Mitch71

WELL SIR, I DO NOT KNOW WHETHER I CAN ASSIST YOU OR NOT---I MAY HAVE TO GET ONE OF THE OTHER GUYS TO PIPE IN. THE 1ST THING ANYONE IS GONNA WANT TO KNOW IS, "WHAT ARE THE CODES?". YOU MAY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT I'M SPEAKING OF, SO I WILL EXPLAIN: MR. ON-BOARD COMPUTER IS SCREAMING FOR HELP!---THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT---HE IS READY AND WILLING TO SPILL HIS GUTS AS TO WHAT COULD BE GOING WRONG. YOU, AS HIS BEST BUDDY NEED TO TAKE HIM OVER TO "AUTOZONE" OR "ADVANCE AUTO", OR ANOTHER POPULAR AUTO PARTS STORE AND HAVE HIM CODED---THEY WILL DO THIS FOR FREE! (COST ME $54 AT A SHOP YEARS AGO). RETURN WITH THE CODES AND WE WILL ATTEMPT TO ASSIST YOU!---THE MEDIC

Yes will need codes to help diagnose

Docfixit