I REPLACED MY BATTERY, CAR CLICKS BUT WON'T START. DASHBOARD LIGHTS DO NOT COME ON.

2001 Acura CL • 150,000 miles

Car has been sitting in garage for five months, I start it three times a week! I had car running I washed it put it back in garage went a week later to start it and it won't crank over, I replaced battery it clicks but will not turnover and dashboard lights not working all of them. Also car will not go in gear with key on the on position! What can be the problem?
Buck1980

It sounds like the battery isn't fully charged. Or, you may have a bad connection to ground or power. Check all connections.

I would start by checking my battery cables. Make shore there is a good ground. You could. Voltage drop test the cables or if you have jumper cables try adding a ground from the battery to the engine block.

Djcl
I tryed those things and it didn't work! But car did start and ran for five mins. And cut off! I smelled a burning smell from dashbord. I tryed to start car again it would not start and dash is not lighting up and windows not working but brake lights head lights and interior lights all work! What can be the problem?

Buck1980