ACURA CL FUSE PROBLEM

2001 Acura CL • 177 miles

The car turns over well but doesn't start every time. When it does start, it runs fine butt dies after 10 or 15 seconds. I have checked for fuel pressure and it's good. I'm hearing a low buzz from the fuel pump and I've also remove the fuel line to verify it's working. I've put an inline pressure gauge on and it's over 40 lbs. I have put a timing light on one of the plug wires and I'm getting a light when it's running. After it dies I'm getting no fire to the cylinders when cranking. With the key switch on I have only 1.1volts to the Blk/yellow lead on the coil pack. I have also put a handheld scanner on it and I have no codes.

I have read that the fuel injection relay under the driver's side dash can go bad and show the symptoms I'm getting so I installed a new fuel injection relay but the problem still exists. Something is disabling the ignition after start up. It seems the car will start after an overnight wait but after it runs for a minute it shuts off. After that it won't start for the rest of the day.

I've also checked for a bad immobilizer and from the dash light it seems to be working. The green key light comes on for 3 seconds and goes out while I attempt to start the car. It blinks 4 times after I remove the key from the ignition and I've tried 3 different keys.

The next part I switched was the ignition switch and it did not help. I thought that surely would work. What else am I missing?

Blk/yel wire has 1.1 volts? Ok, when it runs, what is the voltage on that wire?

The Black/Yellow wire should have battery voltage when ignition switch is turned on. 1.1 volts means there is a failure in the power supply. Test fuse # 11 (15 A) underdash fuse box for power supply voltage.

Symptoms indicates the possibility of a loose wire connection between ignition switch and coil packs.
.

I'll check for 12volts on the #11 fuse tomorrow and chime back in. None of the fuses are blown. Since I've changed the ignition harness, I havent gotten the car to start so I dont know what the voltage is when running.

Dennisrowlett
I have 12 volts at the fuse but still only 1.1 volts at the coil. Car still won't start. Is there another component that could interupt the circuit between the #11 fuse and the coils? ECU?

Dennisrowlett
If the ECU is the culprit, is it easy to change? Any security issues involved or is it just plug and play?

Dennisrowlett
This is a direct power feed from fuse to the ignition coils. There is a break in the circuit and it could be at the splice connector (J/C C105) at right of transaxle.

Bingo! Pulled the harness and reconnected and she fired right up. You guys are awesome! Thanks.

Dennisrowlett
You're welcome.

Btw recheck the connector for signs of contaminations.

Have a nice day.

Will do. Thanks again.

Dennisrowlett
I sugess you should clean idiol air control first. "Clean not replace"

Sombatthach