MY RADIO WON'T LET ME PUT IN CODE.. COMPLETELY OFF AND DOOR AJAR LIGHT IS ALWAYS ON.. ?

2000 Volvo S40 • 138,000 miles

My car battery died and after I gave it a "jump" my radio didn't turn on which is normal, for you need to put in a code or leave your key in first turn for 2 hours to reset. But it doesn't even ask me for the code. And the display screen is completely blank. And my door is ajar light is on at all times! I have no idea what it is and it's very weird. What is going on and what can I do to fix it?
Jaimemanuel

First, your battery went dead from your door ajar light. You need to resolve that issue first or the same thing will happen.

The code, you need to call volvo and they will give you the procedure. If not, try using google to see what other people did for this problem.

Well the light stays on when the car turns on. Even though all the doors are closed.

Jaimemanuel
One of the door switches is not working and needs to be addressed.