LOUD SQUEAK NOISE

2000 Volkswagen Jetta • 114,000 miles

I recently changed my 2000 vw jetta's starter. 3 months later every time I start my car it makes a loud squeak noise for about 1 second then goes goes away.
Tosakibarroga

Are you sure the starter is still tight?

I took it to the local dealer and had it replaced. So I should tell them to look at it again?

Tosakibarroga
That is where I would start. Let me know what you find.

It sounds just like that in the video but at 100,000 miles I replaced my starter because of the same noise and I replaced it again at 114,000 so i'm assuming that it's not the starter? Or what could be wearing it out again? Or should I just lube it up? It only makes that noise once in a while.

Tosakibarroga
I took it to my mechanic and he said that it was my engine mounts that cause that noise also? I'm not sure how the engine mounts could make that noise?

Tosakibarroga
It's the starter? I just replaced it though? How long does a starter last? Is there something that could wear out the starter fast?

Tosakibarroga
When you get a new starter from the dealer it comes with a bushing. That's your noise. The starter has to be removed and the bushing has to be pulled out and the new one needs put in. If not it may stop only temporarely. Just a brass tubular piece with a little graphite. Bazing you're happy again!

Vwscott