NO OIL PRESSURE AFTER REBUILD GOING UP IN REVS

2000 Volkswagen Golf • 88,000 miles

I have a 2000 plate vw golf mk4, 1.4, had an engine rebuild, before putting it in we checked that the engine turned over which it did so we were happy to put it in, once it was in, we started it up, and the engine was rattling away, and at idle oil pressure was ok, but as we went up in the revs the oil pressure light came on, I then phoned the guy (who has worked for jaguar for 30 years) and he said he didnt replace the oil pump, and it had been sat there for 3 months. Were changing the pump tomorrow, but if that dosent work, any idea's?

Kiefersutton

Mike out the engine bearings-could be excessive clearances/wrong undersize bearings

Okay how would I check that? Thank you for a quick response!

Kiefersutton
If you haven't rebuild an engine before best get some help here bcuz its not a simple task and also requires special tools

Okay no I will be giving it to a mechanic, so is it basically having to take then engine apart again? And if its not the bearings, anything else to look for?

Kiefersutton
Oil pump failure/weak

Changed oil pump, still oil pressure light when going up revs, theres alot of silcone round engine.

Kiefersutton
Check the oil pressure switch