TOYOTA CORONA EXHAUST PROBLEM

2000 Toyota Corona • 158,000 miles

Hi

i have a number of problems that require assistance:
1. When I disconnect the oxygen sensor located at the exhaust manifold, check engine light doesnt come on, nor does it show any error codes with a diagnosis machine.

2. I noticed that the spark plugs are turning brown on 2 diffrent occasions when I serviced the car, at the beginning of the white part, is this an indication of compression problems?What can I do abt it?

3. I notice high fuel consumption 4km/l I tried cleaning the throttle body, it worked however the problem recurred when my exhaust was fixed.
i have tried changing the oxygen sensor to no avail.
4. The fuel light comes on even when fuel is above "e" level then goes off as I step on the brakes only when I add significant fuel does it go off.
Partisan

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first. If no codes check fuses underhood as well as under dash and check connections at aldl.

Thank you will try the recomended action.

Partisan
Question I have noticed that at high revs, I note a pungent smell sulphur /rotten eggs suspected to be coming from the catalytic converter, should I change it nadd does it have any effect on the fuel consumption?
Thanks.

Partisan
Did you do what I suggested first?