MY IS GOING THROUGH WAY TOO MUCH GAS WAY TOO QUICKLY. ALSO, I'M NOTICING A GREAT DEAL OF VIBRATION IN THE CAR, ESPECIALLY WHEN I'M IDLING AT A STOP LIGHT OR SOMETHING. WHEN I LOOKED UNDER THE HOOD, I NOTICED THAT A LOT OF THE NOISE AND

2000 Toyota Celica • 16,400 miles

The car seems quite rattle-y
A lot of vibration
I've been suggested that it could be the cadilac converter
I have a belt that I need to install because I'm pretty sure that may be a source to a lot of the noise
Garrett.prisk@yahoo.com

It could be the catalytic converter, yes. It could also be injectors that aren't spraying properly (fuel system cleaner in the tank should cure it). Air filter needing replacement. O2 sensor(s) malfunctioning. MAF/MAP sensor(s) malfunctioning.

Take it to a shop and have the computer scanned for hard and soft codes (no CEL lit).

Rivermikerat
Tell us more about the belt, why it needs replacing?

Fixitmr
The rattle could be the heat shield on the catalytic converter. Vibration could be motor/transmission mounts, wheel balance, or a harmonic balancer out of balance.

Rivermikerat
The belt has cracks and a hole about the width of my pinky nail. Just some wear and tear from the previous owner.

The heat shield was loose and I resecured it with some self tapping screws. It could've come undone again though I suppose sine the shield was some what rusty where I had to screw it on

Did your repair fix the rattle?

Rivermikerat
You dont wanna get stranded from that belt. Better to change now and avoid an inconvenience.

Fixitmr
Could the fuel filter possibly have anything to do with it?

A clogged fuel filter will allow less fuel into the intake system.

Rivermikerat