RADIATOR CORE

2000 Suzuki Baleno • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 8,000 miles

Enter your question. Does the radiator core need replacing at 10yrs old?
Bushchime

Time would not be a factor in this decision. It would just be a matter if the old one is working properly and not leaking.

Wrenchtech
Thank you for your prompt response! Perhaps I should explain that I have been told that my radiator core will be replaced at my next service. Despite very low milage and no. Repeat no problems with the car. I was thinking that this may be a case of inbuilt obselescence?

Bushchime
OK. Well it seem I need to challenge the service dept. On this issue. Thank you for your timely advice.

Bushchime
It's apparent that you are not in the US or this is not a US vehicle but I have never heard of anything like that here. I have NEVER seen a good radiator removed as "routine"

Wrenchtech
Well it is interesting.I did not want to think it was just scam, although things are tough for service engineers in Australia, so the first thing I did was research radiators at Wikipedia. Where I found out that modern radiators are made of plastic and aluminium. To save weight? But then it also went on to describe that these new type of cores are considered to be 'unrepairable and disposable'. I admit that I have not questioned the service engineer about this issue. But now I have a second opinion. Yes?

Bushchime
I would certainly question that and likely refuse it also.

Wrenchtech