SATURN SL2 GAS PROBLEM

2000 Saturn SL2

I borrowed a 2000 Saturn SL2 from my Aunt and I forgot that the lights didn't turn off by themselves. The tank was close to E not entirely I figured I would just put some gas in afterwards so that I didn't just put gas in and then used it anyway going out. I went to a movie which lasted about hour and 45 minutes. The car was parked on a very small slope. When I got back to the car, the lights were on and when I started it, it wouldn't go it would just sputter and wouldn't turn on. I had someone give me a jump but that didn't work. I put some gas in and that didn't work. I took the battery in to be looked it and it is not the battery. Do you know what it might be? I had someone say it might be the fuel pump but I am not sure.

Are you able to get the vehicle on a flat surface? If the fuel is really low, it may not be able to pick it up/