2 DOOR 4 CYLINDER - MEDIUM OIL LEAK

2000 Pontiac Grand Am • 110,000 miles

My 2000 Pontiac Grand Am 2 door 4 cylinder has been leaking oil for about four months now. After I park my car, the oil spot left the next day is about 18inx8in, so it does not seem like a huge leak. I can see the oil dripping off the front of the oil pan when I first park my car (and the oil is still hot). When I look under the hood, I can see that oil has leaked out of the area that is covered by the Twin Cam metal plate. It leaks out one side and then must drip down. I have seen that I likely have leaky valve covers, but I've also been told that it's probably the head gasket starting to go. Is there a way to know for sure? I'd like to get a better idea for myself. Thanks.
Branson1510

Head gasket would not fail this way. Most likely it is the frot seal that is bad.

You need to clean the engine and run it to check for the leakage.

You need to open the front cover and investigate-could be the front crankshaft seal leaking-try tightening the front cover and see what happens