HI, WHEN I AM TRAVELLING BETWEEN 15 AND 40 MPH I AM QUITE OFTEN FEELING A SHAKING IN THE CAR.I WAS TOLD BY A MOTORIST BEHIND ME THAT MY BACK WHEEL IS SHAKING AND LOOKED LIKE IT MAY COME OFF BUT THE WHEEL IS ON PROPERLY. DO YOU KNOW WHAT COULD BE CAUSING T

2000 Peugeot 206 • 175,000 miles

Quite often I am feeling a shaking in the car.
I believe this is coming from the back wheels and am told it looks like my wheel is shaking and look like it may come off but the wheel is bolted on correctly.
Neil1408

Broken belts in the tire are very common. When bad enough, they cause a wobble or hump in the tread as you spin the tire. Be careful when running your hands over the tread because very often wires from the steel belts will be sticking out and they really hurt when they poke you.

When not real bad yet, you can feel a slight shimmy in the steering wheel. The mechanics at any tire and alignment shop can check your tires.