HOW TO MAKE BRAKE WARNING LITE GO OFF AND MAKE CRUISE WORK

2000 Oldsmobile Alero • 133,000 miles

I replaced the front brake caliphers and now the brake warning lite stays on and also the cruise control will not set, all after the brake job, the brakes work fine. Is there a way to reset brakes and get cruise to work
Bigge

So the brake light wasnt on before you reolaced the calipers?You shouldnt have to reset thr brake light did you make sure the brake fluid level wasnt low?

Fluid is good and brakes working properly just lite on and cruise still is not working

Bigge
So its the brake light and not the abs light?

Yes it is the brake not abs

Bigge
I posted the description of the brake warning light for you. Its turned on by low brake fluid or ebrake on. SO if the ebrake is released and brake fluid isnt low you could have a switch issue.

But what would make cruise stop working from the brake system, and is there a way to reset brake lite is brake fluid if it is not low

Bigge
Not sure about the cruise control inop you would have to diagnose that seperate. When the fluid level is full the light should turn off I suspect the float in the master cylinder is sticking since you said this happened afer you replaced the calipers.

I agree with Saturntech9. Try rapping on the side of the brake fluid reservoir with a screwdriver handle and see if it puts the light out.

Wrenchtech
Thanx guys, if all else fails break out the hammer, it worked and cruise went to working too, Thanks for the help

Bigge
Your welcome so you smacked the cruise module and it worked?

Page 1 of 2