COOLANT FILLS UP RESERVOIR

2000 Nissan Maxima • 3.0L 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 180,000 miles

My 2000 Maxima runs fine at normal temperature but while driving the coolant fills the reservoir until it overflows and that is how it loses coolant. It doesn't boil and coolant does not return back to the radiator. So if I do not fill the radiator everyday it would run low and overheat. I have replaced the thermostat, and water control valve (see attached), radiator, radiator cap (twice-13.8 psi), and both hoses. The only thing I haven't changed is the water pump. Please help! TIA

Jeff

LSUBOY

The coolant system needs to be checked for the presence of combustion gases (possible when a engine has a blown head gasket, warped cylinder head).
There are several ways that you can do it yourself. Many autoparts stores will sell kits which will determine if there is combustion gases present in the coolant. If the combustion gases are present the most likely cause is a blown head gasket (but there are other tests to run to be sure BEFORE you start the repairs.

Freemba
I thought about that but doesn't the water usually go into the cylinders instead of gas coming out into radiator?

LSUBOY