NISSAN HARDBODY ENGINE PROBLEM

2000 Nissan Hardbody

Hi All,

I have a question related to the ignition timing on my Nissan 2l 16v. The thing is I do not know on what mark to adjust the timing to I have a timing light and have been advised to remove the plug to the TPS. Please this has been bugging me since I have had the Hardbody and I am not willing to spend R700.00 on a dyno tuneup. If you any information please let me know. My e-mail address is chrisvdm@hotmail. Com ps. This is an South African model.

Regards, and thank you for your time.

Chris van der Merwe
Chrisvdmerwe

We dont' have hardbody here in u.S. If you knew what model it is inu.S would be very helpful but most of the things I read about is that the bottom connector is the one to disconnect on tps. Here is what we have
1. Start engine and warm to normal operating temperature. Ensure idle speed is less than 1000 RPM. Run engine at 2000 RPM under no load for 2 minutes. Check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs). See
SELF DIAGNOSTICS  INTRODUCTION article.
2. If any DTCs are present,  perform diagnosis for DTC(s). See appropriate SELF DIAGNOSTICS article. If no DTCs are present,  run engine at 2000 RPM under no load for 2 minutes. Release throttle. Increase
engine speed to 2000 RPM,  2 or 3 times,  then allow engine to idle for one minute.
3. Turn ignition off. Disconnect Throttle Position (TP) sensor harness connector. Start engine and increase engine speed to 2000 RPM 2 or 3 times. Release throttle. Check ignition timing. See IGNITION
TIMING SPECIFICATIONS table. See Fig. 3, Fig. 4, Fig. 5 or Fig. 6 .
4. On all models except Maxima and Sentra 1.8L,  if ignition timing is incorrect,  loosen hold down bolt and turn distributor to adjust ignition timing. On Maxima,  ignition timing is not adjustable. If ignition timing is
incorrect,  check CMP sensor and both CKP sensors. See DTC P0340:  CAMSHAFT POSITION (CMP) SENSOR,  DTC P0335 OR P1336:  CRANKSHAFT POSITION (CKP) SENSOR (POS) and DTC
P1335:  CRANKSHAFT POSITION (CKP) SENSOR (REF) in SELF DIAGNOSTICS  MAXIMA article.

GNITION TIMING SPECIFICATIONS (1)
Application Degrees BTDC
Altima,  Frontier &  Xterra (4 Cyl.) 18 22
Sentra
1.8L 7 11
2.0L 13 17
V6 Models 13 17
(1) With transmission/transaxle in Neutral.

Thank you for your prompt reply,

Here are some additional information that I have : Nissan Hardbody 2.0L 16V 2002 Model
Model : J03 38
Vin : ADNJ030000B016876
Enj No : KA20016570X

Hope it helps, thanks again.

All the best.

Chris

Chrisvdmerwe