ML 320 WILL IDLE BUT DIES WHEN YOU TRY TO ACCELERATE OR PUT IT INTO GEAR

2000 Mercedes Benz ML320 • 160,000 miles

The starts first time idles but when you put it into gear it dies al so if you push the eccelerator
Langebaan

When did this start? Get fuel pressure reading.

Fixitmr
It has been going on for awhile but if you feather the accelarator for awhile it will go away the car is at home and I am at work 1000 km away will be home on Thursday
thank you for your quick reply

Langebaan
What about hot or cold engine? Does it effect it?

Fixitmr
The wife went to the supermarket yesterday about 7 km so it would be hot after disconnecting the live lead from the battery and reconnecting it she managed to start the car and get home safely this morning when she wanted to start the car for church
the same thing happend disconnecting the battery lead did not help her this morning hope this is of some help
thank you

Langebaan
So no somethings wrong with car lights lit on dash?

Fixitmr
All lights are normal
thank you

Langebaan
Also check MAF sensor to see if it's dirty. It has major effect on air/fuel ratio. I say air/fuel mix too lean is your problem but why is what we need to determine. OX sensors also possiblity? Or some air leak after throttle plate.

Fixitmr
What about crank case sensor

Langebaan
Crank sensor only decides spark or not. Why would stepping on pedal change what crank sensor is doing? Crank sensor has no input from other sensors. Now if this problem were random and unrelated to other actions by operator then it could be considered.

Fixitmr
The TPS would be the sensor to suspect with your symptoms.

Fixitmr