REPAIR QUOTE IN QUESTION

2000 Mazda MPV • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 145,000 miles

I was told I need to have the Sway Bar Links and Sway Bar Bushings replaced on my '00 Mazda MPV. There was a knocking noise in the front passenger side wheel area and this was apparently the culprit. I was a little shocked at how much this repair quoted to me. How much should this repair cost?
Jac1826

Links are listed at $51.59 per piece and bushes $4.95 each.
Book time for replacement of the bushes is 6.0 hours, rates differs region to region.

Every parts house I looked in san antonio sells the links for 19.99 each, you can order the bushings online for about 6 bucks plus shipping. The labor is high if you go by dealer or large garage hourly rates. The links have two nuts on them and can be hard to get off unless you use vice grips on back side, the bushings have two bolts holding the brackets on, long skinny arms and 14mm socket will take them off easy, just put jackstand under body where jack goes and put floor jack under lower control arm to relieve pressure. Easy job really but be sure you use jack stands and common sense.

Jimmieroansr