START ENGINE IT WILL TURN BUT IMMEDIATELY

2000 Lincoln LS • 127,000 miles

Hi! My car broke down on me (2000 Lincoln LS). It basically shut down like a computer would. However, trying to start it will turn but immediately do the same thing. Under the hood I was able to idle it and it stayed started but I heard a ticking sound (not knocking, ticking). I took it to the shop where there the mechanics attempted to do a diagnostic. They claimed that they couldn't get a reading with the tests. This morning he called and stated my engine is gone. Mind you, he didn't get that fact from any test. Please advise!
Annexis

If you dont believe him, take it somewhere else and get another opinion. A guess from here is a big guess.
Did it overheat? Did it loose oil pressure? Was it knocking before it stopped?

It did not over heat, it did not have water in the oil and there was no ticking prior to the shut down.

Annexis
Ask them to be more specific about the failure.

Thx for the immediate response, due to the lack of trust I just towed it to another auto center. He could not explain how he came up with that diagnostic so I will get it to somewhere who's more professional with their findings. I'll donate because you didn't try to charge before giving an answer. Thx so so much : D

Annexis
Good luck, please let us know the outcome