POWER STEERING HOSE

2000 Land Rover Discovery 2 • 129,000 miles

I just had my power steering pump replaced & the serpentine belt. Now I'm told that a hose coming off the steering box to the reservoir has a leak in it at the connection. I can't afford to put more in it & I honestly can't help but feel like the "backyard" mechanic is responsible for it. Can the hose be repaired somehow by brazing it with solder or weld, idk? The part is $100 for just this hose! Any suggestions would be great!
Thank you!
Milf4eva74

Thats the problem with people working on, especially high line cars like yours, systems that are sensitive.
With a new pump comes increased pressure and just maybe he did not do anything wrong but the hose may be another failure. If it was in a shop, they may have picked that up at the time of the pump repair.

I have no idea what it look like so I cannt say about repairing it. The 100 bucks sounds reasonable for the hose as the high pressure hoses are not cheap.

Can you take a picture and post it?

I will try to get a pic & post it. I was also on autozone. Com & saw replacement hoses for fuel, oil & water. They're rubber on the inside & steel on the out & they're compression. What do u think of that?
I understand that $100 doesn't seem like alot of money but to someone who survives on a fixed income as a single mom it is. That's why I have to resolve all other options. I need my car b/c I take care of my disabled family. Too many people depend on me & my vehicle. Sorry, I didn't mean to get on my soapbox, I'm just stressed.
If you can think of anything please let me know.
Thanks for all your time.
Sheila

Milf4eva74
Try and get the picture to us.