WHY WON'T ME ENGINE LIGHT TURN OFF? ALSO WHY WHEN I MAKE SMALL TURNS THE ENGINE SOMETIMES CUTS OFF?

2000 Kia Sportage

This car has been through a lot. Recently we went to Meineke to repair the breaks, bushings, and tires. We then went to Aamco for transmission. We told the people at Aamco to do whatever they can to make the light turn off however they just kept on giving us more and more bills for things that "might help". We recently found out that the main engine relay switches and fuel pump switch needs to be changed. Will this solve the problem. The car works wonderfully accept for the fact that it sometime cuts off. The ride is smooth and everything else is fine.
DieForSasuke

What were the EXACT trouble codes retrieved? An error has been detected in the engine management system and the CEL is coming on to inform you of it. If the problem is not resolved, the light would not turn off.

We were never told exactly what the problem was. However I just remembered that either the fuel sensor or the air sensor to be replaced. We asked the mechanics to diagnose the problem however they kept on saying that whatever repairs they will do will only "might" fix the problem and that we won't know the exact answer until we go through everything.

DieForSasuke
When the CEL comes on, an error has been detected by the engine computer and trouble codes would be stored in the computer. You need a scan tool or code reader to extract the trouble code. Most parts stores provides free scanning services. Gotto them and get the EXACT trouble code for me. Without it/them, it is not possible to diagnose the problem.