WHERE IS THE LOCATION OF THE ECM COMPUTER AND TCM COMPUTER?

2000 Kia Sephia • 108,000 miles

Also, what is the function of each device? Would replacing the TCM computer resolve speedometer, engine light, o/d light and sensor issues if transmission and appropriate sensors have been replaced? The car runs great.
Thank-you
Carinquiry

I would back up here. Replacing the computer is the very last thing to do. You need to verify that it is bad as the price is very up there.

Get a shop to diag it to confirm that it has failed. What codes do you have and why do you think both have to be replaced?

Our mechanic is unable to find fault with the components and had an exact experience with another vehicle that had a corroded computer board. Once the computer board was replaced the issue did not re-occur. The 2000 Kia Sephia has 3 computers and we are trying to determine the correct part number to order. The issues appear to be related to the TCM as the o/d light flashes, the engine light is on and the speedometer is sporadic. The transmission and appropriate sensors have been replaced.

Carinquiry
Ok, but very expensive guess here. I would be so quick to jump at the tcm until it is definitely confirmed instead of guessing even though the other car got fixed.

Anyway, call the dealer with your vin, to the parts department and they can give you the part number so you can research price and availability. Make sure you add about 100 for flashing after you purchase the part.

Thanks for the direction, we will not jump into it. Do you have any input on the issue of the flashing o/d light, check engine light and sporadic speedometer? The car drives fine.

Carinquiry
Have the codes pulled for both engine and trans and get back to us with those codes so we can further assist you.