HOW DO I GET A MOTOR OUT OF A 98 CHEROKEE SPORT TO MOUNT TO A ?

2000 Jeep Laredo • 155,000 miles

I need to know if I can make the motor fit and what I need to do to do it. Please and thank you!
DPearl1985

Same size engines?
You need to disconnect all electrical leads, fuel lines, throttle cables, and cooling system hoses to and from the engine. Remove the hood. Attach the lift bracket/chain/strap from an engine hoist (cherry picker) and take up the slack. Remove the exhaust pipe(s) and manifold(s) between the engine and catalytic converter(s). Remove the driveshaft. Remove the transmission mount and crossmember. Raise the engine out of the engine bay, tilting the rear of the engine and transmission down to help it clear.

Rivermikerat
I should add that it is highly recommended that you take many pictures of the process and label EVERYTHING. Both sides of EVERYTHING.

Rivermikerat
I have this all done. The problem is the motor mounts and ac mounts are different. I need to know what I need to fabricate to get the engine to mount properly.

DPearl1985
Check with parts stores to see if there are motor mounts for that particular engine/vehicle combination. Check junkyards to see if you can find mounting brackets for the AC compressor.

Rivermikerat