JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE BLOWER MOTOR PROBLEM

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 142,000 miles

The heater and the air conditioner stopped working. It was working fine then I parked and went in to a store. When I came back out and started it up it would not work on any speed. You can hear a squeaking noise when you turn the knob and you can feel warm air but it isn't blowing out. It will occasionally kick in and start blowing but then it will quit. I was wondering if someone could tell me what the problem could be and if I could fix it myself. If there is anymore info that you need that I did not supply please let me know. Thank you for your time in advance.
Jada41828

Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?Also have you tried moving around the connector to the blower motor to see if it starts working?

I am a very limited knowledge of this type of thing. But I can follow direction well. If a mutlimeter is a computer/ scanner thing I can get one. As for the connector I have no idea where or what it is. If some one could tell me how to do this I should be able to.

Jada41828
I posted a diagram of the blower motor its under the passenger side of the dash. Turn the key to the run position then turn the blower motor to the highest setting see if you have power accross the two terminals?You will need a multimeter that measures voltage.

Okay thank you very much. I will try this and let you know. I appreciate all of your help.

Jada41828
No problem keep me posted.

Okay I finally got the heat working, but now the power seats and the sunroof don't work. The power windows still work but not the seats or the sunroof. Any ideas about what I did wrong?

Jada41828
To start with I have no idea what you did to begin with?Lets start there.