WONT ACCELERATE IN D PAST 5 MPH AND SOMETIMES STALLS IN REVERSE.

2000 Isuzu Rodeo • 12,500 miles

2000 Isuzu Rodeo - No check engine lights or warnings. Just recently it started to not accelerate when in D. It idles fine and doesn't feel rough at all. Also, there are no engine lights or warnings at all. However, when in D it feels limp and won't accelerate.

Also, at times when I put it in R it will stall as soon as I release the brake, but doesn't happen all the time, and if I pull forward, then it'll reverse just fine. It seems to stall when it's sat for a while in Park and you try to go in R first thing out of Park. Any ideas? I've been reading around and some say it might be the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor). It's about $70 at O'Reilly, but I don't want to spend that if it won't fix my problem.
Kdbarrett76

It sounds like the cat converter is plugged, have it checked. Also,

Have it scanned for soft codes. They don't set the CEL.
ENGINE CONTROLS - SELF-DIAGNOSTICS - INTRODUCTION -2000 Isuzu Rodeo.
Page 1 of 1
HOMBRE 2.2L

NOTE: Perform all voltage tests with a Digital Volt-Ohmmeter (DVOM) with a
minimum 10-megohm impedance, unless stated otherwise in test
procedure.
NOTE: DO NOT turn ignition off during this test procedure, and DO NOT clear
any DTCs unless instructed to do so. If no driveability problems are present, do not perform this test procedure.
1.
Turn ignition off. Install TECH II scan tool and follow scan tool manufacturer's instructions to proceed with test. Turn ignition on. If scan tool powers up, go to next step. If scan tool does not
power up, go to DLC DIAGNOSIS OR NO SCAN TOOL DATA under SELF-DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM in SELF-DIAGNOSTICS - 2.2L - HOMBRE article.
If scan tool displays PCM data, go to next step. If scan tool does not display PCM data, see DLC DIAGNOSIS OR NO SCAN TOOL DATA under SELF-DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM in SELF-
DIAGNOSTICS - 2.2L - HOMBRE article.
ULAST TEST FAIL, HISTORY or MIL REQUEST DTC(s) are stored. If any DTC(s) are present, go to next step. If no DTC(s) are present, go to step 5.
Using scan tool, store FREEZE FRAME and FAILURE RECORDS data. Diagnose any stored DTCs. See DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE DEFINITIONS under SELF-DIAGNOSTIC
SYSTEM and DIAGNOSTIC TESTS in SELF-DIAGNOSTICS - 2.2L - HOMBRE article. Turn ignition on with engine off. If Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) illuminates, go to next
step. If MIL does not illuminate, go to MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LIGHT (MIL) INOPERATIVE in SELF-DIAGNOSTICS - 2.2L - HOMBRE article.
Using scan tool, command MIL to turn off. If MIL turns off, go to next step. If MIL does not turn off, go to MIL ON STEADY under SELF-DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM in SELF-DIAGNOSTICS -
2.2L - HOMBRE.
Attempt to start engine. If engine starts and runs, go to next step. If engine does not start, or starts and dies, see ENGINE CRANKS BUT WILL NOT RUN under NO START DIAGNOSIS in
BASIC DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES article.
Turn ignition on with engine off. Check Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) and Throttle Position (TP) sensors for proper operation. Start and warm engine to normal operating temperature. Check
ECT sensor, MAP sensor, O2 sensors, and IAC valve for proper operation. Compare scan tool engine data with actual control system data values. If values are within limits, see TROUBLE
SHOOTING - NO CODES article. If values are not within limits, go to SYSTEM & COMPONENT TESTING article.

Rivermikerat