MY CAR OVERHEATS WHEN I AM IDLING AND THE FANS DO NOT COME ON UNLESS I TAP ON THEM. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?

2000 Infiniti I30 • 150,000 miles

My car is a 2000 Infiniti I30 that overheats when I am idling and the fans do not come on unless I tap on them. I just put a front motor mount on the radiator side and then the problem began. Also, is there a way to make the motors run continuously so then the car wouldn't overheat?

Thanks Micki
Mickimcmillen

If you tap them and thay start to run your looking @ either a bad connection or bad fan motor. Un likely 2 fans went bad. Check all your connectors well.

Djcl
TAPPING EITHER "DISTURBS" THE ELECTRIC MOTOR--MAYBE THE BRUSHES ARE BAD. OR. THE TAPPING IS "DISTURBING" THE FAN RELAY, AND YOU'RE MAKING IT "MAKE". IF THIS IS THE CASE, A NEW RELAY WOULD BE THE CORRECT THING TO REPLACE

Since you just installed a motor mount, check grounds and check to make sure there is no damage to the wiring.

Check the fan relays. Hot wire the fans and see they work. Tapping and it works sounds like a bad fan motor

Cadieman
Thanks to everyone that answered. I will try these things and let you know. Micki

Mickimcmillen