HOW DO I REMOVE THE CRANKSHAFT HARMONIC BALANCER PULLEY

2000 Hyundai Trajet • 240,000 miles

The belt will not stay on
Ggericke

You need to use a puller-The belt will not stay on-this don't tell me much-give me details-could be the belt tensioner that's causing it-

The belt is coming out of the tensinor and the crank case pully does not seem to be in line with the other pullies (air-con, idler, tensinor)the pully seems to be towards the motor too much.

Ggericke
Investigate why the Crank pulley is further out-could be lose try retorque it if its not damage

Ggericke, how's it going with this? Did you get it figured out?

Rivermikerat
Watch the harmonic balancer while the engine is running, if it appears to be deflecting, it will be faulty, you need to undo the crank bolt, often this is extremely tight and the use of an impact gun is required to undo it.

Mhpautos
Mhp: Someone with big muscles just needs a breaker bar. Heheheh.

Rivermikerat
Yes, I hold the engine with one hand and undo it with my other hand, we are so strong down here. Seriously, use a breaker bar locked on the chassis rail or ground and flick the starter, but this is dangerous so extreme care should be taken, or you can drop into a workshop get it loosened and just re nipped up so you can get it home and undo it again.

Mhpautos
Blimey! You need your whole hand down there? We Americans just use 2 fingers! Heheh.

Rivermikerat
Us Islanders we apply coconut oil and use our feet

On what? Heheheh.

Rivermikerat
Page 1 of 2