THE CAR IS STUCK IN PARK BUT IT STARTS JUST FINE.

2000 Hyundai Accent • 100,000 miles

The little button on the side of the selector will not press in to get it out of Park. Is there a way to check the brake interlock switch? If that is even a consideration. Thank you
Tericraig

Check if the brake lites are working if so have the shiftlock solenoid checked/tested

I am providing you with both the Interlock System Tests and Components Tests. All the component location desription charts and diagrams of them in break down view. Adjustement Procedures and Diagrams to show where and how to measure adjustemnts. Finally, the wiring diagram for the system. There is also an general overview of the system operation in the compnent tests.

Thank you for the info, I will be on it first thing in the morning.

Tericraig
You called it right thank you. What it was, the fuse for the brake lights was blown and that made it stuck in park. Would have never thought of that till after much head scratching. Awesome site!

Tericraig
Ras is amazing. As you can see we are eager to help so come back if you need help/advice and we will be here for you.