MY CAR GOES INTO NEUTRAL

2000 Honda Civic • 200,000 miles

Then turn it off it works again then 2 blocks later in neutral again what it be could it be. I have 2000 honda civic was running fine then went into neutral turn it off and back on and it will drive for 2 blocks then same problem. I have flushed tranny, and someone said my main seal was leaking so we changed that to. I have been told it could be neutral safety switch but was told by someone else that switch would make car not run at all then someone said something about cat converter I dont know I am lost
Meganjohns

A bad cat won't cause the car to go into neutral. It will cause a big loss of power though. Have you check the computer for codes yet?

This is definitely a fault with the transmission and it could be the control solenoids, wiring, the PCM or a failing transmission due to internal leakages.

If there are trouble codes, let us know what they are.

It reads the co2 the transmision fluid is real dark but dont smell and there is no metal only its thick at bottem

Meganjohns
What do you mean it reads the CO 2 transmission?

It read a sensor code or something then I was saying transmission fluid is real dark and thick with no metal in it. They said the code could be anything from computer loose wire o2 sensor ext

Meganjohns
The O2 sensor would have nothing to do with the transmission. If transmission does jerks hard when shifting and you don't have trouble codes, that would mean the transmission has internal faults and would have to be rebuilt or replaced.

I was told I could flush it with paint relaxer what would that do

Meganjohns
If the trans has failed due to internal leakages, flushing would be a waste of time and money. Honda strongly discourages flushing their transmissions.

What you mean internal leakages the car ran fine lost no fluid the fluid was nasty the only problem is it slips out gear and it wont go back in until you turn it off and back on then it will only go short distance. I was told if there is no metal in fluid and it dont smell burned the tranny is fine. I cant afford a tranny and I have no friends or family I have to fix this car on my own or loose my job please help

Meganjohns
How often to change the fluid in that car?Those Hondas are sensitive if you don't change the fluid enough u ruin the transmission.