HONDA CIVIC FUSE PROBLEM

2000 Honda Civic • 80,000 miles

I have a Honda Civic 1.4is year 2000. The green key light on the dashboard is blinking non stop.I know it's the immobiliser.I had the same problem 3 years ago and it got solved when I removed the fuse for it. It was cause from hummidity as is my case now.I lefta the car out for 3 days under lots of rain. Can anyone tell me which fuse is for the immobiliser system?And if its in the fusebox under hood or in the cabin?Thanks in advance
Ducman13

We don't have the information for your vehicle but security system fuses should be hot at all trimes and is usually underhood. For other Civic models it is linked to the headlight relays.
Check the two fuses in diagram, underhood.

I don't see how rain has anything to do with it unless water is getting to the control unit and this could mean the unit is bad.

Hi KHLow2008.
U replied to my question 3 years ago also. Hope is all good for you. There is no water in there. But the car was very humid inside. And the exact same conditions as the last time this happened.I remember I fixed it by taking off one of the fuses and then puting it back again.I just dont remember if it was in the car under steering wheel or under the hood. If under the hood then it's fuse nr 9?

Ducman13
I am fine, thank you.

Based on the diagram for other Civic models, it is fuse # 48 and 54. The 9 is the terminal identifiaction for the fusebox and you won't see it.

Ok.I will check this in the morning to see. Also in the car fuse box there is a fuse labeled interlock. Does it have anything to do with it?

Ducman13
Fuse diagram inside car looks like this

Ducman13
How about the one underhood?
The interlock is for preventing the gear shift to be released from P without depressing the brake and is not related to the security system.

Ok, I Will follow your advice in the morning and let u know if I succeed.

Ducman13
No luck in the fuse box under hood. All fuses seem to be ok. But the engine compartment is quite humid. Should I spray in there with a spray for humidity?

Ducman13
I also noticed some water coming I the passenger cabin from the top of the right door. Under this behind the kick panel is the PCM isnt't it? Maybe water has gone through there?Is it easy to take it apart and try there?

Ducman13
PCM should be behind the glove box. If water is getting into cabin, it can cause problems with control modules and you should get them dry asap.