NO START

2000 GMC Jimmy • 106,000 miles

2 mos. Ago did a complete tuneup, cap, rotor, wires, plugs and coil, ran great for 1k miles, then one day just died while driving like it ran out of gas, towed it home, put 10g of gas in it, good fuel press. Checked spark at the coil good, pulled a plug and checked and spark looked weak, yellow, plugs are gapped, and it ran fine for over 1k miles, I was told it could be a cam or cranshaft sensor, if so how do you check to see if they are bad, or could it be something else?
Derek926

You will need to get a manual that has the specifications needed. You will be checking resistance on the part.

REMEMBER NEW THINGS CAN GO BAD. OR EVEN BE BAD, RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX (I HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS MANY TIMES)

I'VE EVEN SEEN THE OLE "SWITCHEROO". THAT'S WHERE A PREVIOUS CUSTOMER AT THE PARTS STORE WAS LOOKING AT FOUR DIFFERENT COILS. AFTER HE FIGGERED OUT WHICH HE WANTED, HE "RESTOCKED" THE OTHER THREE AS HE PLAYED "MUSICAL BOXES" AND TEXTED ON HIS PHONE (HE DIDN'T CARE WHICH BOX WAS WHICH, HE ALREADY HAD THE ONE HE WANTED!)

SO SORTA WHAT I'M SAYIN' DON'T RULE OUT YOUR PREVIOUSLY REPLACED PARTS

EVEN THOUGH I MAY NOT FIX YOU, OTHERS MAY JUMP IN AND BE ABLE TO.I'M MORE OF A JEEP CJ KINDA GUY

SO LETS POST ALL INFO, LIKE ACTUAL FUEL PRESSURE NUMBERS, DOES YOUR CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WORK WHEN KEY IS ACTIVATED--DOES IT REMAIN ON?

I AM ABLE TO GET WIRE DIAGRAMS, IF YOU THINK YOU NEED THEM, I NEED SPECIFIC NOMENCLATURE, 2WD OR 4X4, AND ENGINE SIZE. THEN THE SPECIFIC SYSTEM YOU NEED A DIAGRAM OF (MOST LIKELY IGNITION, IN THIS CASE)

KEEP US POSTED

To check the crank sensor you need to take a multimeter and first check for a voltage on one terminal then you will check for a ground to the computer on the middle wire and the 5 volt reference voltage alternating to 0 volts while you are handcranking engine

Mjames