FORD WINDSTAR COOLANT PROBLEM

2000 Ford Windstar • 136,000 miles

I have beenhaving problem with anti-freeze leak around the over flow reservoir tank.I have check everything.I am losing acup each day can feel the leaking around the reservoir. Replaced the reservoir tank and the problem is still there. Checked the lower radiator hose and all surrounding fix please help me. Thanks.
Al126

Any chance it's bubbling over and coming out under the cap? Also, how high are you filling the reservoir? There's a "maximum" line that is not close to the top. That's to leave room for expansion when the engine warms up. The coolant will expand more than a cup during engine operation.

Could you post a photo of the area of the leak?

I have been keeping the reservoir filled below the line.I have been monitoring that area. The leak is located under the reservoir tank. There are no leaks around the cap.
Thanks,
alvin

Al126
That would leave just the hose going to the reservoir or coolant is spraying over to it from somewhere on the engine. I would think you'd see evidence on the engine if that was where the leak is. A pressure test would make that show up.

I don't know if this is appropriate but you can add a small bottle of dark purple dye to the coolant, then after some has been lost, you search with a black light. The dye will show up as a bright yellow stain that you can follow back to the source. That works best for very small leaks where the coolant evaporates before it can be seen. You already know what's getting wet, so that dye might not tell you anything.