XLT 4X4 WITH 3.0L FLEX FUEL ENGINE IT HAS A SLIGHT WHITE SMOKE WITH FLUID COMING OUT OF THE EXHAUST

2000 Ford Ranger • 155,000 miles

At startup, and occassionally when running. There is no water in the oil, no loss of coolant, and no overheating. I cant figure it out. Flushed the radiator, changed the oil, changed the plugs. Everything looks fine. Some people I know said it may be a bad head gasket but there is no signs of it if there is. There is the slight smoke and fluid but it just doesnt seem like it.
Term

You can purchase a head gasket test kit at most chain parts stores.

Rivermikerat
Are you overheating? Is the smoke constant even though the engine is warmed- If not could be just condensation/moisture-but check it anyway with a cooling system pressure tester

No overheating, and it smokes at startup, then off and on sometimes after engine is warm. Never has a constant white smoke. Thats what I couldnt understand.

Term
Sure its not blue smoke blend with white-could be a valve seals problem or just condensation.

Just white smoke, like steam almost. How much will the cooling system pressure tester cost me? Thanks for the help.

Term
You should be able to borrow one from a store such as Autozone or Pep Boys

Rivermikerat
You should be able to borrow one from such stores as Autozone and Pep Boys and O'Reilly's.

Rivermikerat
Would a combustion leak tester work as effectively? Its the one where the fluid changes colors. I can buy one of those for around $30

Term
Yes, it could.

Rivermikerat
Also, When I drive the truck the smoke/fluid goes away completely. Wouldnt it get worse if it was a blown head gasket?

Term