CAN'T GET THE CAR TO GO IN GEAR MISFIRES AND NO POWER

2000 Ford Focus • 138,000 miles

Car was running like crap so changed the plugs, wires, coilpack. Then noticed that the cat was bright red changed that still misfires and no power in gear and the cat is still getting red hot changed the egr valve nothing still the same not sure if the recall on the fuel pump was done please help
Wally2071

Is the check engine light on? Have you checked trouble codes? If the cat was red hot, that usually indicates it is plugged.

The only codes that come up are the misfires the cat is brand new

Wally2071
It sounds like you may be getting too much fuel. Check fuel pressure to make sure the regulator is working.

How do I check the regulator

Wally2071
Go to our homepage under the DIY section. There are directions and a video to help you. Look up checking fuel pressure.

Found there is no regulator on this vehicle I changed the up side o2 sensor not the problem I do have pressure at the rail not sure if it is the right pressure I don't own a pressure guage

Wally2071
You can rent or borrow a fuel pressure gauge from most chain parts stores like Autozone and Pep Boys.

Rivermikerat
Brought it to a shop they said it was a burnt valve so swaped the motor to a 2001 2.0 single overhead just like the one I took out now it doesn't shift rite and no power but runs good otherwise do I need to reprogram the computer?

Wally2071
Definitely. The computer is set up for a different engine.

Rivermikerat
Thank u

Wally2071
Page 1 of 2