FORD FOCUS SENSOR PROBLEM

2000 Ford Focus • 168,000 miles

2000 Ford Focus SE. 2.0L DOHC ZETEC 8th number of VIN is 3. MFG 8-99
I changed out the inlet coupling to the thermostat housing, it busted completely off, plastic. Put in anti-freeze let it run awhile, 20 to 30 min, and noticed the fan never kicked on. The upper hose got hot so the thermostat opened. Checked temp guage, checked ok, approx halfway. Still I think the low cycle fan should have cycled on. My wife then left in the car. The car would bogged down ever time you gave it gas, real bad. So bad the engine light came on. It would not pick up any speed at all. I thought it might have over heated. I let it cool down, 2hrs, and then it drove. It drove fine. I can turn the AC on and the high speed fan runs. So I run the AC all the time, to be safe. I replaced the cylinderhead thermo sensor. Then I let it run, it was cool that night, and the fan did not kick on. I checked the fan resistor OK. I have a thermo sensor but can't find one on the engine, does it have one. Why does'nt the fan (low speed) cycle on. Had the engine light checked and they told me it was saying fuel-air mixture incorrect. Was that because it was overheated. Does it have a thermo sensor, not the cylinderhead thermo sensor cause I changed that, if so where is it. Am I just being paranoid an its not overheating. Help Please.

Check fuses 9 and 6 and also test the engine coolant temperature sensor-see below also check hold relay-Good luck