IGINTION

2000 Ford Focus • 120,000 miles

I have changed steering Colom and I have damaged the black ring around ignition key pick up receiver I believe and now will not car will start if I replace with new one will it start please help I get all lights on dash car run fine before I fixed play in Colom please help. Brett
Brett180882

You will need a new cylinder and key. It will have to be programmed from the dealer to start. The service department can do that for you and then when you install it, the car will start.

Thanks but I have done it now no program by ford bought ecu and key worked fine cost 45 pound ecu and key from scrap yard ford want too much money the black key pick up on ignition all the same from 98 to 05 and don't need programing lol thanks.

Brett180882
Thought you were an expert? Im not but seem to no more than you lol thanks.

Brett180882
I am an expert and do know a lot more than you

roy

Lol funny as im far from expert but that pick up on ignition is not programmable like I said all same from 98 to 05 lol love the banta thanks.

Brett180882