FORD FOCUS BATTERY PROBLEM

2000 Ford Focus • 154,756 miles

I have had a second problem with ford on charging I been I auto tech for over 30 years an never ran into these problems with charging in my live. He go, s I put a new alternator that shown at the store 14.8 volts charge and when installed in my car it charges 13.40 volts. So I took same year and model from a car that was charging 14.80 volts the alternator, battery and pcm that was working to my car and shown 13.20 to 13.40 volts also the light comes on p1246. Plus the wires that go to the pcm were cut and I installed two wires to pcm to see about wiring problem. Thank you if you all could please help ///////// I am losted.
Autotech53

AULT CODE SETTING CONDITION
Fault Code KOEO KOER Continuous Memory
P1246 HY1 HY1

1) KOER & Continuous Memory DTC P1246: Verify Generator Drive Function

This DTC is set when PCM detects voltage regulator temperature (calculated generator load frequency) falls below 6 percent. Possible causes are: ? Generator Circuit Open, Or Shorted To GND Or PWR
? Faulty Generator Drive Mechanism
? Faulty Generator/Regulator Assembly
? Faulty PCM

Check generator drive belt condition and tension. Start engine and verify generator is turning. Repair as necessary. See appropriate GENERATORS & REGULATORS article in STARTING & CHARGING
SYSTEMS. If no faults are found, go to next step.

2) Verify Generator Is EEC Controlled

Turn ignition switch to OFF position. Disconnect negative then positive battery cable. Disconnect generator connector. Measure resistance between BATT SENSE terminal and GEN COM terminal at generator
harness connector. See Fig. 128 Fig. 130 . If resistance is 950 1050 ohms, go to next step. If resistance is not 950 1050 ohms, replace generator/regulator assembly.
3) Check Battery Sense Voltage At Battery

Reconnect generator connector. Reconnect battery cables to battery. Using a DVOM, measure voltage between battery terminals. Note voltage measurement. Using a DVOM, measure voltage between negative
battery terminal and generator harness connector BATT SENSE terminal. If voltage is within .5 volt (plus or minus) of battery voltage measurement, go to next step. If voltage is not within .5 volt of battery voltage
measurement, repair BATT SENSE circuit as necessary.

4) Check Generator Failure Mode

Turn ignition switch to OFF position. Connect scan tool to Data Link Connector (DLC). Ensure all accessories are off. Using scan tool, access GFSF PID from PID/DATA MONITOR & RECORD menu. Start
engine and raise engine speed to 2000 RPM. Note GFSF PID value. Wiggle and bend wiring harness between generator and PCM. Fault is indicated by a change in GFSF PID value. If a fault is indicated, go to
next step. If no fault is indicated, check charging system and repair as necessary. See appropriate GENERATORS & REGULATORS article in STARTING & CHARGING SYSTEMS.
There is more to this to check this system out but I just can'tcopy it all. I'm sure you have checked the fuse at rear of engine compt.

I HAVE DONE WHAT YOU HAVE LISTED. LOOKING FOR THE LAST STEP TO GO TO RUNNING OUT OF GAS. PLEASE HELP WITH NEXT STEP THANK YOU

Autotech53
4) Check Generator Failure Mode

Ensure all accessories are off. Using scan tool, select AFS PID from PID/DATA MONITOR & RECORD menu. Start engine. Increase engine speed to 2000 RPM. Note PID reading. Wiggle and bend wiring
harness between generator and PCM. Fault is indicated by a change in PID value. If a fault is indicated, go to next step. If no fault is indicated, check charging system and repair as necessary. I can't get what you want you'll have to either get a manual on how to check this or go on site here an drent the mitchell one for around$11 for a week sorry

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, LIKE I SAID I HAD BEEN DOING THIS WORK FOR OVER 30 YEARS I GUEST THE CAR WILL BE THE FIRST ONE IN MY LIFE I HAVE TO SAY GOT ME I HATE TO GIVE UP. THANK YOU ALL ONCE AGAIN MAYBE SOMEONE OUT THERE WILL FIX THE PROBLEM GOD BLESS.

Autotech53
Here I found more for our focus.

HY5 CHECK GEN MON AND GEN COM CIRCUIT FOR SHORT TO POWER

? Key off.
? PCM and generator/regulator disconnected.
? Key on.
? Measure voltage between gen com signal pin at the PCM harness connector and chassis ground.
? Measure voltage between gen mon signal pin at the PCM harness connector and chassis ground.

Is each voltage greater than 0.5 volt?
Yes No

KEY OFF. REPAIR short circuit. KEY OFF. GO to HY6 .

HY6 CHECK GEN MON AND GEN COM CIRCUIT FOR SHORT TO GROUND

? Measure resistance between the gen com signal pin at the PCM harness connector and chassis ground.
? Measure resistance between the gen mon signal pin at the PCM harness connector and chassis ground.

Is resistance greater than 10,000 ohms?
Yes No

GO to HY7 . REPAIR short circuit.

HY7 CHECK GEN MON AND GEN COM CIRCUIT FOR OPEN

? Measure resistance of the gen com circuit between the generator/regulator harness connector and the PCM harness connector.
? Measure resistance of the gen mon circuit between the generator/regulator connector and the PCM harness connector.

Is each resistance less than 5.0 ohms?

HY8 CHECK GENERATOR MONITOR SIGNAL

? Engine idling.
? Access GFS PID.

Is duty cycle between 6 98%?
Yes No

GO to HY9 . REPLACE generator/regulator assembly.

HY9 CHECK GENERATOR COMMUNICATOR SIGNAL

? Access GENFDC PID.
? Engine idling.
? Toggle load on and off (headlights).

Does PID switch within 0 99% range?
Yes No

Generator function is OK. GO to Pinpoint Test Z , intermittent circuit failure diagnosis. REPLACE PCM (refer to Section 2, Flash Electrically Erasable Programmable Read
Only Memory (EEPROM)).
I got this out of the ford book so if you still have thecar hre is more that I couldn't get the other day for you.