F350 XLT SUPER DUTY 4X4 ELECTRONIC PROBLEM FUSE THAT IS GOING IS ELECTRONIC ENGINE CONTROL 20AMP

2000 Ford F-350 • 190,000 miles

Looking to buy this vehicle. But before I do I would like to know whether it is worth it. Complaint is that the Electronic Engine Control fuse keeps blowing, Owner says it is a short. Anyone ever have this problem? If so, is it an easy and cheap fix or would it not be worth the money. Asking price is 1900.
Ffemtbell

Without testing the electronic componenets there is no way to prrdict if the pcm or wiring is at fault.

Merlin2021
There was a wiring problem in tje shifter to the od button at the knob.

Merlin2021
Is the truck old body style or new body style if the transmission wire goes over transmission from passanger side of truck there sometimes get shorted that cause fuse to blow if there is a wire connect to disconnect it then see if fuse blows if it doesn't theres your problem

Rdesjardins
If it's the PCM, you should be able to get a rebuilt or reconditioned one relatively cheap. You should also haggle the price way down. Check the power lead to the PCM after the fuse for any cracks or breaks.

Rivermikerat