FORD EXPLORER TIRE PROBLEM

2000 Ford Explorer • 156,000 miles

Rubbing sound in rt front tire coincides w/ tire rotation. Goes away when I so much as touch the brake pedal. I need brake pads but could the calip be sticking? I got up to 50 today and it smelled like burning w/ slight white smoke. Also, temperature gauge that never worked before now spikes to hot for no reason ( I Have heat) and at the same time the low gas gauge comes on when I have plenty of gas. When the car stops moving the gauges return to normal. Mostly concerned about the tire as I need to take a two hour trip on sunday.
Teamcrispin

I would be getting the front end checked out first, something may be worn or damaged causing an alignment problem and scrubbing the tyres, do this even if to only eliminaste this as the problem.

Mhpautos
Caliper piston might not be retracting or the brake hose collasped internally-investigate further

Have a good one Mr Raz.

Mhpautos