NEED HELP BAD ON MY

2000 Ford Contour • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic •

I have a ford contour can someone tell me how to change the oil pump and were is it at on the car?
Blueriver329

IT'S GONNA BE INSIDE THE OIL PAN

NOT A EZ JOB.1ST TIMER WOULD EVEN BE AWFUL!

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS, UNLESS YOU HAVE SOME EXPERIENCE!

WHAT ARE YOUR OPTIONS, OTHER THAN "DIY"?

I MIGHT OFFER OTHERS, MAYBE ON THE LESS EXPENSIVE END OF THE SPECTRUM

YOUR TURN

Well I came to the clue that it was the oil pump becouse I check the pcv valve and it was good now all I know I could be the oil pump becouse my motor is making a knocking noise when I put oil in it stops for a min and then their goes the knocking again. Can u tell me why my motor is knocking is it becuse it not getting oil are what elce can I check to see whats wrong.I have some knowledge of working on cars becouse I went to school for it. But this is got me cofuse. So can some one help me fig out the promble before I change the oil pump.

Blueriver329
LETS CLARIFY YOUR NOISE. THIS MAY NOT BE TERRIBLE

KNOCK. BAM BAM BAM BAM.A LITTLE EXAGGERATED?

TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP. UP TOP AROUND VALVE COVER?

CAN YOU CHECK OIL PRESSURE WITH A MECHANICAL GAUGE?--THIS IS THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO, TO VERIFY YOUR OIL PUMP WORKING. NOT REAL HARD, POSSIBLY RENT ONE AT AN AUTO STORE. CALL AROUND!

Ok and if its not the pump then what could be the knocking it like tap tap tap. What could it be/

Blueriver329
ROGER

I WAS EXPLAINING "KNOCK" VS "TAP" (RATTLE OR CLATTER)

INSURE OIL LEVEL CORRECT, CORRECT OIL, PROPER CHANGE SCHEDULE

IF IT'S "TAP", UP HIGH, ITS MOST LIKELY VALVE TRAIN RELATED

POSSIBILITIES

BAD TAPPET (HYDRAULIC LIFTER). REPLACE (ENGINE INTERNAL)

BENT PUSH ROD. REPLACE (SAME)

ROCKER ARM BOLT LOOSE OR BROKEN. REPLACE/ TIGHTEN (SAME)

DIRTY TAPPET, NOT WORKING CORRECTLY. EZist WAY TO TRY TO FIX THIS ISSUE IS, NEXT OIL CHANGE SUBSTITUTE 1 QT OF MARVEL MYSTERY OIL, FOR A NORMAL QT OF OIL YOU WOULD NORMALLY PUT IN (NOT ADD A QT, AND BE OVERFILLED!)AS YOU ARE DRIVING, MMM, MAY CLEAN IT UP, THIS CAN BE LEFT IN, UNTIL NEXT CHANGE. READ THE BOTTLE!

AN AUTO PARTS STORE FELLER, MAY BE A GOOD, FREE DIAGNOSIS FOR YOUR SITUATION. IT'S HARD FOR YOU TO EXPLAIN THE SEVERITY OF THE NOISE