DODGE STRATUS ENGINE PROBLEM

2000 Dodge Stratus • 195,023 miles

Car has been having overheating problems do to a leaky head gasket and I was just now driving down the interstate about 60 miles per hour heard too loud bangs and the car completely died it turns over and the mileage meter reads bus but won't start I reset the PCM checked all the fuses check the reconnection I can see and it still won't start and the oil lights on? WTF?

How did you "reset" the Engine Computer, and why would you do that for an obvious mechanical problem. You lost the biggest clue to the problem by erasing any stored diagnostic fault codes. The logical guess is the timing belt broke. The fault code would have been "cam and crank sync". You still need the head gasket which includes removing and replacing the timing belt, but the old one would have shown its wear and been replaced too. If this really is due to the belt breaking, valves may be bent depending on which engine you have; you didn't say. The head will be off anyway so it may just be a matter of the extra time to replace the valves.