SHUTS OFF RANDOMLLY2000 1500 TRUCK: RANDOMLLY CUTS OFF. IT WILL RESTART WITHIN 2 SECONDS TO 20 MINUTES. WHEN IT SHUTS OFF, I GET A "NO BUS" FAULT ON THE ODOMETER. THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER IS NON RESPONSIVE, BUT TRUCK STILL HAS ELECTRICAL POWER TO LIGHT

2000 Dodge Ram • 90,000 miles

2000 Ram 1500 truck: Randomlly cuts off. It will restart within 2 seconds to 20 minutes. When it shuts off, I get a "No Bus" fault on the odometer. The instrument cluster is non responsive, but truck still has electrical power to lights, radio, heater, etc. However, when I try to crank it, the starter turns over, but no fire or attempt to run and I don't hear fuel pump. Then it will crank. This time out is from 2 seconds to 20 minutes. Help! Any ideas. Thanks Chownow@aol. Com & ian. Eppley@gmail. Com
Paul Eppley

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing