W HAT SIZE FUSIBLE LINK GOES BETWEEN BATTERY AND ALTERNATOR? ONE MORE ? IN DETAILS.

2000 Dodge Intrepid • 143,289 miles

My brother inlaw just bought this car about a week ago, and I'm the 1 800 free mechanic for my family. The engine and trans run strong but the wiring and vacuum lines are a little ruff! I've been up for the last 24 hrs going through the wiring and vacuum systems. Yeah! Also for some reason the last owner put in a aftermarket trans cooler. Why I have no Idea! But can I hook up a garden hose to the stock trans cooler on the radiator to see if it still works or will that affect the radiator badly?
Thanks for your time
81cvcwagon=]
81cvcwagon

Fusible links are one size less than the size of the wire you are protecting. Most are 12 or 10 gauge wire so you need to be less than that size. My concern is why did it go bad. They break for a reason ans that must be found.