#3 FUEL INJECTOR WIRES ARE MELTED TOGETHER

2000 Dodge Intrepid • 202,580 miles

What could be the cause? I did have a bad Injector but What went first? I tested the harness with a noid light it does pulse but not as fast as #2 and when I turn the key on the light stays on longer on #3!
Firemnted

If it shorted together, you must replace that part of the harness. On top of that, that short may have damaged the pcm. Computers dont like voltage surges very much.

Can I get away with just sliding some heat shrink over it if the wire it self is good or will I have to cut out the bad (melted) part and solder in a new pice?

Firemnted
I would cut out the bad part and replace needed pieces.

I just went throw the harness with my volt meter. I found I have 15.0 oms between the two pins on the # 3 injector and 3.98 M oms on all others and I disconnected the plug in the harness going to the relays with the ground in it for the injectors and coils and they all have 3.98 M oms! I also unplugged the harness from the PCM and checked the wires from the ECM plug to each of the injectors and got 0.00 oms

Firemnted
Ok, sounds like the harness is good.

To verify the readings, do the same to a cylinder or injector that is working.

Sounds more and more like a failed pcm

The other 5 cylinders match # 3 is the odd one!

Firemnted