WON'T START AFTER SHIFT CABLE REPLACED, NEED TRANSMISSION VALVE BODY DIAGRAM

2000 Dodge Caravan • 175,000 miles

Hi, I have a 2000 Dodge Caravan 3.0L with 4 speed transmission. I replaced the AC evaporator by myself. After it, the car can't be started. Every gear position on the gear shift indicator is boxed(P R N D 3 L). I checked around and found the gear shift cable bushings is broken, because I forgot to disconnect it when I pulled hard to remove the ac housing. I changed the cable with a used one. The problem is still there, but the starter engaged in neutral, the engine won't turn over. I searched online and knew that the transmission range sensor might go bad. I removed the transmission valve body and replaced TRS. Then I decided to open the valve body to clean it. Unfortunately, I lost a few check balls and one small metal retainer fell off. I don't know where the balls and retainer should go back. My questions are: Am I going in the right direction to fix the problem? Can the expert give me a valve body diagram so I can put back everything? Thanks a lot.
Ruicen

These are all the valve body diagrams and hope they are helpful.

The non starting should be njothing to so with the range switch as you were able to crank the engine. Something else is wrong with the engine controls and is related to the work you carried out.

Get the trans back to working condition and we will go on with diabnosing the non starting.