DODGE CARAVAN NOISE PROBLEM

2000 Dodge Caravan • 103,000 miles

Went through water and car stalled. Took to meineke where they replaced spark plugs, checked wires. Ended up having oil changed twice. There was a ticking noise, but it finally went away. Yesterday check engine light went on. Started car this morning and the engine feels like it is shaking, There is also smoke coming from tail pipe.
Ravynjade1979

After water invasion into the motor, many issues will come along. Take it back and them re check it again. Electrical issues will start in a few months. Connectors are not sealed from water.

Get the codes for us to further help you

Code that I got from AutoZone is 0301

Ravynjade1979
Cylinder 1 missfire. Did the shop change wires and coil?

I know that they changed the spark plugs, don't think that they changed the wires or coil. Would that make the noise that I am hearing? Would it make the noise stop if I change them?

I am just worried that it is something more serious. My biggest fear is that I have blown a head gasket.

Ravynjade1979
You said it went away?

The sound was originally a really loud almost tapping noise, then it had almost completely went away. This morning she sounded really rough. Not the same noise. Different, almost like she's shaking like she wants to stall out. There was also a decent amount of smoke that came out of the exhaust, but it didn't have any color to it different from any other time that you could see the exhaust. I live in jersey, so it' been cold enough to see the stuff coming out of the tail pipe, but today it's warmer.

The shop had said that even with the 2 oil changes, it was still "milky". Not sure what that means. I couldn't afford a motor flush or a 3rd oil change when it happened.

Teresa

Ravynjade1979
Water is a killer for a motor. There may be damage in the lower end of the motor.

What Do I Do?

Ravynjade1979
You may end up replacing the motor with a good used one.

I am concerned about the trans as well. Did they change the fluid in that?

No, but the water wasn't that deep. She doesn't have any hesitation when the transmission is shifting gears

Ravynjade1979