BRAKES GOES TO FLOOR

2000 Dodge Caravan • 850,000 miles

The brakes on my 2000 grand caravan goes to floor replaced master cyl and checked for any leaks and you bleed the brakes and it will last about 4 days and than they will go to floor again if you bleed them they will last again for 4 days.

I replaced master cyl and checked for leaks if you bleed the brakes they will work for about 4 days than if you bleed them again they will last about 4 days again. The master cyl never needs fluid?
Bill shea

Is the master new, used or rebuilt?

New

Bill shea
Brand new not rebuilt

Bill shea
If the system is not using up fluids and the master cylinder is new and bleeding works, this is something that requires some head scratching.

Check the booster to pedal push rod free play. Ensure it has a little movement of the pedal before the push rod moves.

If vehicle is equipped with ABS, it could be the one causing the problem.

Is there a way to bypass the abf.

Bill shea
You would need to remove the ABS control unit and install with a proportioning control valve. However for some areas it is an offence to do such modifications so ensure you are not breakinng the law by doing so.

Have you replaced the rear wheel cylinders? Air can sometimes get sucked in when releasing the brake pedal.

2CarPros Ken